The "rapture?" of the wicked
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Eschatology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After visiting a few full preterist sites and after reading "Expectations Demand A First Century Rapture" by Edward E. Stevens, I find the only real arguement they seem to really push is the lack of a voice from all of the earlier 1st century Christians since the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70. It seems all they have to offer is this saying "The silence points either to nonfulfillment or their absence from the scene via rapture."

Surely there is written historical evidence that the Church didn't disappear at the call of Christ leaving all others to come to the saving knowledge of Christ on their own with no preachers, teachers and evangelists to indoctrinate the next new batch of believers.

What do we know that they don't know?
Allyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allyn wrote:
After visiting a few full preterist sites and after reading "Expectations Demand A First Century Rapture" by Edward E. Stevens, I find the only real arguement they seem to really push is the lack of a voice from all of the earlier 1st century Christians since the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70. It seems all they have to offer is this saying "The silence points either to nonfulfillment or their absence from the scene via rapture."

Surely there is written historical evidence that the Church didn't disappear at the call of Christ leaving all others to come to the saving knowledge of Christ on their own with no preachers, teachers and evangelists to indoctrinate the next new batch of believers.

What do we know that they don't know?

For the record, I have seen the error of my ways and do now embrace full preterism, however I do not agree with Ed Stevens on his view of the rapture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Eschatology All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: