"Is it not written in your law , I said Ye are gods?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Misc. Theological Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEVE7150

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many New Age People and some charismatics (I regret to say, being one myself!) interpret "You are gods" as "us." One popular tv preacher said we are all "little gods" (but who it was I don't recall; I heard whoever it was on audio on Hank Hanegraaff

That would be me , interpreting "you are gods" as "us." Ya know i used to practically be a Hank Haneegrraff groupie and lived to hear his radio show every night but gradually i realized that though he talked a good game he really does'nt use that much scripture. Yes Hank is real good at labeling people to marginalize them and playing 10 year old tape recordings as if a targeted person keeps on repeating the same thing a thousand times. Hank does'nt concern himself when his target has changed his or her views. But this phrase "little gods" i understand to mean the way "god" is used for Satan or Moses or judges which is "to have authority."
I believe as believers we do have a type of authority which Adam was meant to have yet it's just gotten lost in the theology and traditions we get wrapped up in.
Rick_C

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVE,

So you interpret "You are gods" as "us."
Okay, not to debate that....

I'm working on trying to see it as neXt Bible's number 3.
But that interpretation doesn't make much sense to me.

'Guess I'll have to keep on studying.
(I've been on these verses for several years)....
Thanks, Smile
Thanks, and God bless you.
STEVE7150

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In John 10.34 Jesus quoted Psalm 82.6 in answering the Pharisees accusation of blasphemy in that he was making himself like God. Many commentators interpret the word "gods" to mean judges but does it? Was Jesus responding by claiming that many men were called judges so it was OK for him to make himself to be like God? Does this make sense?

Hi Rick, Glad to here you on Steve's show. At the beginning of this thread i referenced the explanation given by Steve.
Although possible it just does'nt really make sense to me that Jesus would defend himself in that manner.
Do you have any thoughts about Mark 11.23-28 Where Jesus tells us to "speak to the mountain"?
Rick_C

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

You wrote:
Do you have any thoughts about Mark 11.23-28 Where Jesus tells us to "speak to the mountain"?

I'd say it's a metaphor about "what faith can do."
Why do you ask (in terms of this thread topic)?

Btw, I've re-listened to myself & Steve on TNP a couple times. His explanations are the best I've heard on that particular interpretation.
Thanks, Smile
Thanks, and God bless you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Misc. Theological Topics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: