When do we start to sin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Misc. Theological Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAULESPINO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: When do we start to sin? Reply with quote

I think we start to sin the moment we become aware of the difference between right and wrong. The reason I said this is because after Adam and Eve sinned ( ate the fruit of the tree of life) they became aware of the difference between right and wrong.
TK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps it is when the child KNOWS they are being selfish. selfishness is natural to little children but at some point it is sin- probably when they are aware of it and do it anyway.

the reason i focus on selfishness is that i believe this is a broad category that would likely cover almost all "first sins" that would be committed by a young child.

of course, this is just another way of saying when they know right from wrong, as Paul stated.

TK
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)
Paidion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
I think we start to sin the moment we become aware of the difference between right and wrong. The reason I said this is because after Adam and Eve sinned ( ate the fruit of the tree of life) they became aware of the difference between right and wrong.

Paul, your statement doesn't make sense.

If Adam and Eve did not become aware of the difference between right and wrong until after they ate fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and if they didn't sin until they became aware of this difference, then they didn't sin when they ate the fruit.
Jim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paidion wrote:
Paul wrote:

If Adam and Eve did not become aware of the difference between right and wrong until after they ate fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and if they didn't sin until they became aware of this difference, then they didn't sin when they ate the fruit.

I think Adam and Eve sinned in their ignorance but they knew they were going against God. I believe we sin because of our mortality while adam and eve sinned because they didn't believe God.
PAULESPINO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Quote:

I agree with you guys.

I would like to modify my statement.

They sinned the moment they disobeyed God. It was the act of disobedient that made them sinful. Knowing the difference between good and evil does not make us sinful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Misc. Theological Topics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: