Which praise does God enjoy most?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Misc. Theological Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benzoic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Which praise does God enjoy most? Reply with quote

I was lying in my bed wondering about what kind of worship God enjoys most--worship from people who have yet to receive the gifts that await us in heaven or worship from people who are lavished in the amazing wonders of heaven. It seems to me that God would enjoy worship from people who have not yet been immersed in the gifts of heaven.

Seriously, can you imagine how giddy you will be when you are exposed to God's glory and truth? The only possible reaction in all that bliss is thankfulness. However, on earth, there are many possible reactions that can occur as a result of interacting with our tainted world, and worshiping God in the midst of all these trials may be more gratifying for God.

If you're a parent and your child expresses a surge of thankfulness and affection as a result of receiving a gift, it makes you happy, but at the same time, that child's emotions are sort of superficial. I think we may have access to a quality of worship that is only available in this life.

What do you think?
SamIam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I agree with the premiss ...

Are we performers for God's enjoyment? The most common reaction from those who found themselves in God's presence has been fear rather than giddiness.
Benzoic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to disagree with your second comment. If I'm not mistaken, all the people who had seen God or the supernatural were not in their transformed state. In Revelation, for example, was John in his transformed state when he dropped dead, like a corpse, in the presence of Christ? How is it that we will be in complete terror, like John, when we reach completion after death? John and the others didn't know what they were seeing--we will.

I can see a "reverential awe," but not the terror expressed by those who had no idea what they were seeing, initially. We will be happy and joyous and not full of fear. There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18 )---fear is cast outside of perfect love.

God will be our father in its truest sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> Misc. Theological Topics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: