No more sea?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> The Book of Revelation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: No more sea? Reply with quote

I was reading the part of revelations dealing with the new earth and new heaven which goes on to say there will be no more sea. My question is when it says no more sea is revelations speaking of no more gentile pagan nations or no nations that isn't 100% in Christ or one great nation under Christ or is it speaking of a literal no more sea? I am leaning towards the sea as a figure of gentile nations.

Jim
psychohmike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: No more sea? Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
I was reading the part of revelations dealing with the new earth and new heaven which goes on to say there will be no more sea. My question is when it says no more sea is revelations speaking of no more gentile pagan nations or no nations that isn't 100% in Christ or one great nation under Christ or is it speaking of a literal no more sea? I am leaning towards the sea as a figure of gentile nations.

Jim

Amen to that. All one in Christ.

Hermeneutics 101, Dallas Theological Seminary
psychohmike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertmcleod wrote:
I am new here. I've been lurking for quite some time, and have really enjoyed it.

It's really been awhile, but Gregory Boyd had some interesting thoughts about the "sea" in his book, "God at War".

He talks about "Yahweh's Confilict with the Raging Sea". He seems to say that many times in the Old Testament, the sea or raging sea, with it's sea monsters, is symbolic for the Cosmic Conflict between Satan and God.

Seen in this way, perhaps the sea being no more, would be another way of declaring the end of this conflict.

Rob

Nice...Thank you!

Hermeneutics 101, Dallas Theological Seminary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Family Bible Fellowship Forum Index -> The Book of Revelation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: